Welcome to Symantec’s Online Transaction Security Center. Here you will find information on how to combat online identity theft and fraud with Norton 360 or Norton Internet Security, which offer protection from malicious software and phishing.
Use our valuable resources to maximize your network security options and learn how to protect your data while logging in, making purchases, or otherwise conducting your business online. When this is done, you'll have the confidence to work, play, and share over a secure online connection.
The Basics: Getting Started
Transaction security describes the safety of your confidential information as it is sent across the Internet, and the need to protect it from con artists who try to steal it for their own benefit.
To protect yourself, Symantec recommends following these basic guidelines:
- Keep your computer updated with the latest patches and updates as soon as they become available.
- Make sure your computer is configured securely, especially when it comes to configuring your Web browser and email software. Security and privacy settings can often be configured without any special expertise, simply by using the "Help" feature of your software, or visiting the vendor’s web site.
- Choose strong passwords and keep them safe. Strong passwords have eight characters or more and use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. Symantec recommends Norton Internet Security or Norton 360 for the ultimate in password security software.
- Review bank and credit card statements regularly.
- Protect your computer with essential security software, including a software firewall and antivirus protection. We recommend Norton Internet Security or Norton 360.
- Exercise caution when sharing any personal information online.
- Keep in mind that online offers that look too good to be true usually are.