Happy International Children’s Book Day!
Authored by a Symantec employee
If you are a child, then every day is Children’s Book Day. We grownups, on the other hand, need an annual reminder about just how important books can be to inspire reading among children.
A security suite that helps protect your devices.
Free security software just doesn’t have the resources to keep up with new threats as they emerge. That’s why you need a multi-layered defense to security. Meet Norton Security Premium — protection for up to 10 of your devices.
International Children’s Book Day (observed on Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday, April 2nd) is a great opportunity to rediscover how children’s books can transport a young reader to magical lands, provide life lessons and examples of good character, and power youthful imaginations.
We at Norton appreciate the importance of books and the value they add to our lives. Although some of the most popular children’s books were written more than 200 years ago, the primary goal of reading – to know more and grow more – hasn’t changed, whether it’s read in a traditional paperback, on a tablet, on a computer, or on a mobile device.
As the younger generation leans towards reading in a digital format, here are a few things to keep in mind when reading ebooks.
- Never buy pirated ebooks. Always buy books and digital content from legitimate retailers.
- Unless it’s form a trusted retailer, some ebooks may contain malicious software that can install malware, spyware, and viruses in your computer.
- Do not distribute ebooks unless the company or author allows it. Distributing copyrighted material is piracy, a punishable offense.
- Some suspicious websites offer bestsellers for free. These websites may not look suspicious at first glance. But what they are doing is unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material. This pirated content might be called “free,” but it often comes with a price. Many of these .pdf, .epub, .zip and .exe files contain malware that could give your computer a virus, install spyware to monitor your web-surfing habits or place adware on your system.
- Always make sure you have reputable antivirus software like Norton Security in your device to catch those nasty viruses.
There are millions of ebooks in the public domain that can be downloaded for free for your ebook reader. Many of these are classics from the public domain. Great sites to get books include Gutenberg.org or Archive.org.
Celebrate this day, whether it’s taking time to read to the next generation of readers or by re-reading an old childhood favorite to your inner child.
Our best protection. One low price
Norton Security Premium helps protect up to 10 of your Windows PCs, Macs, Android smartphones or your iPads.
Symantec Corporation, the world’s leading cyber security company, allows organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock comprehensive digital safety platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities.
Copyright © 2019 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec Logo, the Checkmark Logo, Norton, Norton by Symantec, LifeLock, and the LockMan Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Firefox is a trademark of Mozilla Foundation. Google Chrome and Android are trademarks of Google, LLC. Mac, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. Microsoft and the Windows logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. The Android robot is reproduced and/or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Other company names and product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of each company.