- Date Discovered:
- November 06, 2019
- Cisco Small Business RV Series Routers are prone to an arbitrary command-execution vulnerability. An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary commands on the affected device with root privileges. This issue is being tracked by Cisco Bug IDs CSCvq95596, CSCvq97028, CSCvq97031.
- Cisco RV016 Multi-WAN VPN Router 18.104.22.168
- Cisco RV016 Multi-WAN VPN Router 22.214.171.124
- Cisco RV016 Multi-WAN VPN Router 126.96.36.199
- Cisco RV042 Dual WAN VPN Router 188.8.131.52
- Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router 184.108.40.206
- Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router 220.127.116.11
- Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router 18.104.22.168
- Cisco RV082 Dual WAN VPN Router 22.214.171.124
- Cisco RV082 Dual WAN VPN Router 126.96.36.199
- Cisco RV082 Dual WAN VPN Router 188.8.131.52
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.If global access isn't needed, filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of successful exploits.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This includes but is not limited to requests that include NOP sleds and unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Michel Gaschet--Clousier of Orange Cyberdéfense