- Date Discovered:
- February 13, 2018
- Microsoft Windows is prone to a local privilege-escalation vulnerability. A local attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code in kernel mode with elevated privileges.
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1703 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1703 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based Systems
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker requires local access to an affected computer. Grant local access for trusted and accountable users only.
Mateusz Jurczyk of Google Project Zero