- Date Discovered:
- November 05, 2019
- Multiple Trend Micro Products are prone to the following security vulnerabilities: 1. An information-disclosure vulnerability 2. An arbitrary file-deletion vulnerability An attacker can exploit this issue to obtain sensitive information or delete arbitrary files from the affected system. This may lead to further attacks.
- Trend Micro Deep Security 10.0
- Trend Micro Deep Security 11.0
- Trend Micro Deep Security 12.0
- Trend Micro Vulnerability Protection 2.0
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.Given the local nature of this issue, ensure that only trusted individuals are given access to the affected system.
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.If global access isn't needed, filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of successful exploits.
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.To reduce the impact of latent vulnerabilities, always run nonadministrative software as an unprivileged user with minimal access rights.
Implement multiple redundant layers of security.Since this issue may be leveraged to execute code, we recommend memory-protection schemes, such as non-executable stack/heap configurations and randomly mapped memory segments. This tactic may complicate exploits of memory-corruption vulnerabilities.
Peter Lapp (email@example.com) and Engineers working within ASDT at the UK Ministry of Defense.