- Date Discovered:
- December 02, 2019
- Embedthis GoAhead is prone to a denial-of-service vulnerability. Attackers can exploit this issue to cause a denial-of-service condition, denying service to legitimate users. GoAhead versions 5.0.1 and prior are vulnerable.
- Embedthis Software GoAhead Web Server 3.1.3-0
- Embedthis Software GoAhead Web Server 3.2
- Embedthis Software GoAhead Web Server 3.3.0
- Embedthis Software GoAhead Web Server 3.6.5
- Embedthis Software GoAhead Web Server 4.1.1
- Embedthis Software GoAhead Web Server 5.0.1
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.To reduce the impact of latent vulnerabilities, always run nonadministrative software as an unprivileged user with minimal access rights.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This includes but is not limited to requests that include NOP sleds and unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from a successful exploit.
Cisco Talos researcher.