Symantec has threat response centers located throughout the world to fight bad guys continuously 24/7. Our STAR team monitors malicious code reports from more than 130 million systems across the Internet, receives data from 240,000 network sensors in more than 200 countries and tracks more than 25,000 vulnerabilities affecting more than 55,000 technologies from more than 8,000 vendors. There are approximately 550 employees in STAR.
Top Threat Vectors these technologies protect against:
- Drive-by Downloads and Web Attacks
- Social Engineering Attacks – FakeAV and Fake Codecs
- Bots and Botnets
- Non-Process and Injected Threats (NPT)
- Targeted Attacks including Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), Trojans and general Malware Zero-day threats
- Malware as the result of drive-by downloads that bypassed other layers of protection
- Malware uses rootkit techniques to hide malware
This eco-system is comprised of the following five areas that work in collaboration:
- File-Based Protection continues to play a major role in protection due to new innovations in static file heuristics.
- Network-Based Protection detects when both known and unknown vulnerabilities are used to enter your devices’ system.
- Behavior-Based Protection looks at the dynamic behavior of malicious activity rather than static characteristics.
- Reputation-Based Protection examines the meta-information of a file – its age, origin, how it travels, where it exists, etc.
- Remediation is a set of technologies that can help clean up an infected devices system.
The technology collaborates and operates more efficiently and effectively to discover if a given situation is malicious or not. As each technology learns different things about a process or a file, it will share what it learns with the other technologies.
The superheroes and crime fighters of Norton are technically the same folks who build this technology for enterprise customers. All but a few companies in the Fortune 1,000 are customers of Symantec.
Symantec’s Security Technology and Response organization is the division responsible for the innovation and development of Norton’s security technologies that provide protection in five layers: file based (antivirus), network based (firewall), behavior (SONAR), reputation, and remediation.
Who are these Superheroes?
The Security Technology and Response (STAR) is a worldwide team of security engineers; threat analysts and researchers. This team of people is the backbone of our security technology and responds instantly to threats and implement real time updates to your devices to thwart threats as they happen.
What is the Superheroes' secret weapon against threats?
Symantec’s Security Technology and Response team innovates and develops Norton’s security technologies that provide protection to your devices in five layers: file based (antivirus), network based (firewall), behavior (SONAR), reputation, and remediation.
Don't want to deal with it? Let Norton be your personal IT team, help remove viruses, speed up your PC, or even help update your Operating System, or setup your Pinter, even help sync your smartphone.Learn More
Software to help you tune your own computer, clean and speed up your PC, recover damaged or deleted files.Learn More
One stop website for all your technical troubleshooting or billing questions.Learn More
Think you have a virus? Use our free software to scan and remove viruses yourself.Learn More
All the acronyms got you confused? Visit our Security GlossaryLearn More
|IBM Maximo Asset Management CVE-2019-4512 Information Disclosure Vulnerability||10/09/2019|
|Adobe Acrobat and Reader APSB19-49 Multiple Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities||10/15/2019|
|Adobe Experience Manager APSB19-48 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities||10/15/2019|
|Adobe Experience Manager Forms CVE-2019-8089 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability||10/15/2019|
|Juniper Junos CVE-2019-0064 Denial of Service Vulnerability||10/09/2019|
|JSS CryptoManager CVE-2019-14823 Security Bypass Vulnerability||10/14/2019|
|Google Android Framework Component CVE-2019-2173 Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability||10/07/2019|
|Juniper Junos CVE-2019-0067 Denial of Service Vulnerability||10/09/2019|
|Juniper Junos CVE-2019-0061 Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability||10/09/2019|
|Multiple SAP Products CVE-2019-0365 Unspecified Denial of Service Vulnerability||09/10/2019|