- Date Discovered:
- July 16, 2019
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management is prone to a remote security vulnerability. The vulnerability can be exploited over the 'HTTP' protocol. The 'Billing Care' and 'Business Operations Center (jackson-databind)' components are affected. This vulnerability affects the following supported versions: 7.5, 12.0
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 12.0
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator 9.2
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.2
- Oracle NoSQL Database
- Oracle Primavera Gateway 15.2
- Oracle Primavera Gateway 16.2
- Oracle Primavera Gateway 17.12
- Oracle Primavera Gateway 18.8
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 15.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 16.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 17.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 18.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 7.1
- Oracle WebCenter Portal 126.96.36.199.0
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.Filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary if global access isn't needed. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of a successful exploit.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity including unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Modify default ACL settings.Implement database access control to limit the immediate impact of such vulnerabilities on the data and possibly the database itself. Ensure that applications are isolated from one another and from sensitive data through separate user accounts and restrictive ACL configurations
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.To limit the impact of latent vulnerabilities, configure servers and other applications to run as a nonadministrative user with minimal access rights.
The vendor reported this issue.