- Date Discovered:
- January 14, 2020
- Oracle Siebel CRM is prone to multiple remote security vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities affect the 'EAI' and 'SWSE Server' components and can be exploited over the 'HTTP' protocol. These vulnerabilities affect the following supported versions: 19.10 and prior
- Oracle Siebel UI Framework 15.0
- Oracle Siebel UI Framework 18.7
- Oracle Siebel UI Framework 18.8
- Oracle Siebel UI Framework 18.9
- Oracle Siebel UI Framework 19.10
- Oracle Siebel UI Framework 19.7
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.Filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary if global access isn't needed. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of a successful exploit.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity including unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Modify default ACL settings.Implement database access control to limit the immediate impact of such vulnerabilities on the data and possibly the database itself. Ensure that applications are isolated from one another and from sensitive data through separate user accounts and restrictive ACL configurations
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.To limit the impact of latent vulnerabilities, configure servers and other applications to run as a nonadministrative user with minimal access rights.